CHECK TO HAVE LINKS OPEN NEW WINDOWS

Loading...




Vox populi: "In building bridges across communites, this site supports the efforts of Beliefnet.com and religioustolerance.org." Says Seeker of Truth (Reviews & Testimonials) @ xomreviews.com
The Blog Content Map is helpful organizing diverse material/content. Codakiz

 
  Browse By Label: Blog Content Map
Map
  Blogging    Books    Business--Religious aspects    Diversity   
    You are here
      Cyber Worship       Faith and the Media    Golden Rule   Holidays and holy days     Inner-Net    Interfaith Dialog
      
Knowledge Management    Libraries and Librarians    Multicultural
    People Prayers    Religious accommodation    Seekers     Spiritual Audit
      Symbols    Theology    Tolerance    Web analytics    Women

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What a Rabbi Learns from Muhammad: IslamiCity

By: Rabbi Allen S. Maller
IslamiCity

Extract:
I first studied Islam when I was a student at UCLA almost 50 years ago, Then again while I was in Rabbinical school. Over the years I continued to read the Qur'an and other Islamic books. I read these books as the Prophet taught his followers in a Hadith "not as a believer, and not as a disbeliever". What does that mean? ...

...I would like to begin by sharing my understanding of several Ahadith that have taught me about my own religion. My understanding is reflected in my application (gloss) of each insight from my perspective as a Liberal/Reform Rabbi.

...Most Americans that I have spoken are amazed to hear such liberal and flexible statements coming from a religion that they think is ridged and fanatical.

...Nevertheless as a Reform Rabbi, I realize that in many ways Muhammad showed seventh century Jews in Arabia how to reform Orthodox Judaism to bring it back to the simpler rules of the Torah.. continue reading: What a Rabbi Learns from Muhammad @ IslamiCity* -

On the same shelf:
  • A Reform Rabbi Learns from Muhammad, By Rabbi Allen S. Maller, in The Fountain Magazine, March - April 2008: Issue 62.
  • Understanding Islam: The First Ten Steps [Written by a Fellow in Christian-Muslim Relations]
  • Do I Kneel or Do I Bow?
  • Did the Jews pray as Muslims do ?!
  • No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails

    PostRank

     

    Google
    Web multifaith.blogspot.com